Enterprise Advisers are senior business volunteers, they work closely with a local school or college to develop a careers plan that offers opportunities with local employers at the heart of a young person’s education.
Recently, Debbie Keeley (Enterprise Adviser to Corsham school) was asked about her experiences. Here is what she had to say:
Reasons you became an EA?
- To inspire the next generation.
- To give practical advice to those thinking about their options and future careers.
- To support students and help them to prepare for the world of work.
What are the EA’s doing with the school/college they are working with?
We have supported Corsham School with their annual STEM day and sponsored the event this year. We are involved in the careers fair and mock interview day. Some of the students have visited our site to find out more about what we do and one of the students came and did some work experience with us this year. When the school is struggling I do my best to help and pass on relevant contacts. We hope to do more in the future and continue to support the school as much as we can.
EAs favourite moments
- Engaging with the students and planting seeds.
- Seeing some of the same faces who also recognise us and come back to ask us more questions.