The Building Bridges programme supports people across Swindon and Wiltshire who are facing significant challenges in being able to develop their skills, access education or move towards the world of work.
The programme launched in 2016 and provides free of charge one-to-one support to individuals who face significant barriers such as disabilities or substance misuse.
Results for the programme to date are:
- Several participants have already successfully moved into employment, which is afantastic achievement.
- Almost all of the participants who have registered are engaging with the help and support on offer.
- Partners are currently working with 484 participants at various stages of the programme; over a third of these participants currently have a plan in place and are actively working towards their goals with the support of key workers.
- Referral process has been streamlined to make it easier for people to register and get the help they need.
- 97% of referrals into the programme so far have been accepted and those who were not suitable were signposted to other support services.
Wiltshire Council’s Employment and Skills team role within the programme, is to source suitable work placements to give participants a meaningful experience of the world of work, building skills and confidence.
Our Employment and Skills officer Annette Holdsworth works with employers to source placements. Employment Support Officer Lorraine Pullin works directly with individuals to support them into a work placement and continue support to both the participant and employer once a placement has started.
We are excited to share that two participants are about to start their placements, one with a local recycling charity and the other a local doctor’s surgery. We will be following their progress and update as appropriate in future blogs, together with hints and tips to get back to work.
If you think the programme could support you or somebody you know please visit our website to find out more or give Lorraine a call; Direct line: 01249 721738 Mobile: 07771847376, email Lorraine.email@example.comAlternatively if you are a business who thinks you can offer a placement to one of our participants please get in touch with Annette – 01225 718536 firstname.lastname@example.org