Wavin currently have opportunities at their site in Chippenham.
10 apprenticeships – closing 31st May
This exciting opportunity will entail successful individuals being enrolled in a 4-year apprenticeship program involving on and off the job training, resulting in a professionally recognised standard of working.
The apprenticeship program will commence in September 2018 at Swindon College. At the end of the program, apprentices will receive a Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Maintenance, Manufacture and Electronics. The course will provide experience in Mechanical, Electrical, Tool fitting and Polymer Technology.
With flexibility in working hours and assistance in transport to attend the College, Apprentice Technicians will have exposure to various departments, project teams and
- Undergo extensive training with a focus on individual specialisms and interest.
- Be trained to set up, operate and work on a range of processing equipment.
- Attend structured lectures to attain the Level 3 NVQ Diploma.
- Assist the production team in various aspects of the manufacturing process.
Applicants will ideally have a minimum of Grade 5 (previously Grade C) GCSE or equivalent results in Maths, English and the Sciences and must be able to provide documentation in support of their stated qualification.
Candidates will also be expected to undertake English & Maths Assessment with Swindon College prior to being enrolled.
Conditional offers will be made for school leavers waiting for their GCSE results.
Successful candidates must demonstrate understanding of Health & Safety at work. With an aptitude in mechanical or electrical work, candidates will be eager to learn various aspects of manufacturing process.
Trainee Design Engineer – closing 31st March
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual who is looking to take the first step in building their career.
The main duties and responsibilities within the role are to:
- Prepare accurate, cost effective designs that comply with regulations and best practice
- Provide effective technical solutions to both written and oral queries,
- Timely and accurately complete project designs
- Build, maintain and manage good relationships with both internal and external customers
- Work both within the workplace, and within a college setting to achieve recognised ONC level qualification.
Skills & Experience:
The candidate will ideally be:
- A pro-active team player, with a detailed and methodical approach
- Genuinely interested in the building and construction industry with a good technical aptitude
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent, with good level passes in subjects including Maths, English, Science and Design Technology
- This role will offer the opportunity to progress through study on a day release basis, at ONC level. In addition, you will receive full training on our products and advanced software, and receive regular pay reviews.
To apply for either of these posts please visit Wavins careers page.