Location: London, Salford and Glasgow
Start date: January 2019
Programme: 6 months, flexible working options available
Are you looking to return to work after an extended career break? Would you like to join an organisation that is driving the reinvention of the media while developing your technical skills in a flexible and supportive environment? If so, the BBC Career Returners Programme could be right for you.
The BBC is delighted to partner with Women Returners to offer this pilot programme in their Design + Engineering department, to support women and men who have taken extended career breaks of two years or more back into suitable roles. Successful applicants will be offered six months’ employment, with the possibility of a permanent role at the end.
Who is BBC Design + Engineering?
BBC Design + Engineering (D+E) is the team that’s building the future of the BBC, whilst delivering TV, radio and online services to millions of people worldwide every day.
As well as being the people behind iPlayer and the News, Sports and Children’s services, they develop, support and maintain the systems and infrastructure that keeps the BBC on air and are responsible for the biggest British-run digital service in the world. In D+E you’ll be working on unique challenges, hand-in-hand with the best creative minds in the UK and alongside one of the world’s leading production and distribution companies (BBC Studios).
D+E offers challenging work but with the time to think and do things right. They uphold a 100 year history of invention and innovation in the BBC by welcoming and developing people of all backgrounds.
What can you expect from the BBC Career Returners Programme?
• You will work on a paid placement of 6 months, starting in January 2019, with the opportunity to apply for permanent positions afterwards
• Opportunities with teams in London, Salford or Glasgow
• BBC D+E will provide you with any additional training you need in your role to help get you up to speed. You’ll also receive coaching support from Women Returners to help you transition successfully back into the workplace
• Flexible working options, such as part-time hours and occasional home-working, are available with some roles
• You will you be working on amazing projects and cutting-edge technologies surrounded by a team of like-minded professionals from whom you can learn and grow
For the full advert and how to apply:
Please apply for the programme here.
You will need to create a profile before completing the application form and uploading your CV.
The deadline for applications is 30 September 2018. Applicants selected for interview will be informed after the closing date and interviews will take place in October and early November. Please mention in your application that you heard about the programme through Women Returners.
If you have any queries, please contact email@example.com