Well done to all the schools and colleges in Swindon and Wiltshire who have been awarded a Careers Leader training place which is being funded through the Careers and Enterprise Company.
There are 20 Careers Hubs throughout the country and Swindon and Wiltshire were a close second in terms of the number of Careers Leader places awarded (29), which is impressive considering in order to gain a place, schools and colleges had to meet the five criteria below:
1. Appointed a named Careers Leader
2. Publishing details of their careers programme for employers, young people and their parents
3. Publishing a policy statement setting out their arrangements for education and training providers to access all pupils in year 8 to year 13 for the purpose of informing them about approved technical education qualifications or apprenticeships
4. Completed the Compass self-assessment tool
5. Registered their interest in joining/have joined the Company’s Enterprise Advisor Network
Congratulations to all of you and good luck with the training!