An Introduction to Working in Early Years – SEN Overview
What’s this course about?
The purpose of this suite of courses is to introduce learners to childcare in an early years’ setting, with young children aged birth to 6. The courses are especially suitable for people who are considering a change of career. It is not necessary for learners to be working in early years to complete this course.
This is an online course where you’ll learn together and take part in practical group activities, all in a relaxed and friendly environment.
Who will benefit from attending?
The courses are especially suitable for people who are considering a change of career.
What will I learn?
- Understand legal requirements surrounding SEN
- Know where to find additional information
- Plan ahead for supporting SEN
- Explore what behaviour might be telling us
- Explore ways to deal with unwanted behaviour
- Consider different ways to meet the needs of different children
- See how a good practitioner can make a difference to a child with SEN
How long is the course?
This is run as a single 2-hour session, with some activities to do at home to help you practise your skills.
Will I be assessed?
You will be required to complete some paperwork during this course. This will record and support your learning journey and successes.
If you have 5 GCSEs grades A to C (5 O Levels) this course may not be suitable for you. Please contact us if you require further details; we’d love to hear from you.