The Swindon & Wiltshire Enterprise Adviser Network is supporting powerful and lasting business engagement in education across the Swindon & Wiltshire Local Enterprise Partnership area.
Swindon and Wiltshire Enterprise Adviser Network overview
The Swindon and Wiltshire Enterprise Adviser Network strengthens links between local employers and the schools/colleges in the Swindon & Wiltshire Local Enterprise Partnership area so that together they can inspire and prepare young people for the fast-changing world of work. Coordinated nationally by the Careers and Enterprise Company, schools and college that join the network receive:
- Support from a free and dedicated senior business volunteer, an Enterprise Adviser, who will help schools and college develop a sustainable careers activity plan and create connections to the local business community.
- A range of practical tools and information on what works best in careers and enterprise provision.
- Connections to a community of careers programme providers who deliver well-evidenced programmes and activities that support increased and impactful encounters with the world of work.
- Connections to national and local employers who can deliver activities and programmes that support a school or college’s careers and enterprise plan.
Swindon and Wiltshire Careers Hub
The Swindon & Wiltshire Careers Hub is made up of 40 local schools and colleges working together with universities, training providers, employers and career professionals to improve careers education.
Careers Hubs are a central part of the Government’s Careers Strategy, published in December 2017. The strategy aims to improve careers education and help prepare young people for the world of work.
Through The Careers & Enterprise Company, the Swindon & Wiltshire Careers Hub, one of only 20 in the country, has access to support and funding to help 40 local schools and colleges to meet the eight Gatsby Benchmarks of excellent careers education. This includes:
- A ‘Hub Lead’ to help coordinate activity and build networks
- Access to bursaries for individual schools and colleges to train ‘careers leaders’
- A Central Hub Fund to support this development
- Access to funding for schools to support employer encounters
Please find below contact details of the Swindon and Wiltshire Careers Hub Lead and Enterprise Coordinators.
Volunteer Enterprise Advisers drawn from businesses across Swindon & Wiltshire are working with school/college senior leadership and careers teams to help create or enhance employer engagement strategies for careers and enterprise and to help raise the aspirations of our young people.
Becoming an Enterprise Adviser is a unique opportunity to support a school or college in improving opportunities for young people, and it is also a chance to join a network of like-minded peers.
Clusters of schools, colleges and Enterprise Advisers are supported by a full time Enterprise Coordinator who bring together the schools and employers in the area.
For more information please contact one of our Enterprise Coordinators:
- Career Hub Lead: Shona Taylor- Shona.Taylor@wiltshire.gov.uk
- South Wiltshire Enterprise Coordinator: Steven Haines – email@example.com
- North Wiltshire Enterprise Coordinator: Nicola Randy – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Swindon Enterprise Coordinator: Auriel Chandarana- AChandarana@swindon.gov.uk
Schools event calendar
Click on the link below to view what events Wiltshire schools are planning and to help you organise your event at the best time.