Build Your Budget
What’s this course about?
This course will help you to understand how to look after your money better. You will learn tips and techniques to budget and stretch your money further. You will explore ways to save on your food and utility bills and how to calculate the best buy.
This is an online course where you’ll learn together and take part in practical group activities, all in a relaxed and friendly environment.
Who will benefit from attending?
This course is for adults who wish to improve their budgeting skills and develop their confidence with money matters.
What will I learn?
- How to create a basic budget
- Calculating with money – estimating and rounding
- Comparing items to work out what is the best value
- Sustainable energy-saving ideas to help keep bills lower
- Ways to eat more healthily on a budget
- How to plan for your future
- Find out how you can access further help with money matters
How long is the course?
This is run as 2-hour sessions over 5 weeks, with some money-related activities to do at home to help you to develop your budgeting skills.
Will I be assessed?
You will be required to complete some paperwork during this course. This will record and support your learning journey and successes.
FACL online courses are funded by the education and skills funding agency. Courses are no cost to learners if they are 19+ and have been a resident in UK/EU for 3+years.
and if you can tick any of these criteria:
- have less than 5 GCSEs grades a-c
- in receipt of benefits
- are a service family
- are a family with SEN children
- are unemployed
If you are unsure if you are eligible, we are always happy to talk things through carefully.