English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL)
What’s this course about?
This course will help you improve your English language skills by focusing on essential communication skills, grammar and vocabulary.
This is an online course where you’ll learn together and take part in practical group activities, all in a relaxed and friendly environment.
Who will benefit from attending?
This course will benefit anyone who would like to improve their English language skills.
What will I learn?
- Aspects of English grammar that suits your current ability
- How to communicate more confidently in English
- How to identify problematic pronunciation and correction strategies in your spoken language
- How to give short presentations on a chosen topic
- How to expand your vocabulary
- How to support your child’s learning
How long is the course?
This is run as 2-hour sessions over 5 weeks, with some activities to do at home to help you practise your skills.
Will I be assessed?
You will be required to complete some paperwork during this course. This will record and support your learning journey and successes.
FaCL online courses are funded by the education and skills funding agency. Courses
are no cost to learners if they are 19+ and have been a resident in UK/EU for
and if you can tick any of these criteria:
- have less than 5 GCSEs grades a-c
- in receipt of benefits
- are a service family
- are a family with SEN children
- are unemployed
If you are unsure if you are eligible, we are always happy to talk things through carefully.