Helping My Child Build Concentration and Resilience
What’s this course about?
This course will explore the reasons why children may find concentrating or being resilient difficult, and how you can discover ways to build children’s concentration and resilience at home.
This is an online course where you’ll learn together and take part in practical group activities, all in a relaxed and friendly environment.
Who will benefit from attending?
This course is for parents and carers who want to support their child/children with their concentration and resilience.
What will I learn?
- Explore the reasons why children may find concentrating or being resilient difficult
- Discover ways to build children’s concentration and resilience at home
- Develop an awareness of how the environment may affect children’s concentration
- Begin to understand how words can be used to develop children’s resilience
How long is the course?
This is run as a single 2-hour session, with some activities to do at home to help you practise your skills.
Will I be assessed?
You will be required to complete some paperwork during this course. This will record and support your learning journey and successes.
FaCL online courses are funded by the education and skills funding agency. Courses are no cost to learners if they are 19+ and have been a resident in UK/EU for 3+years.
and if you can tick any of these criteria:
- have less than 5 GCSEs grades a-c
- in receipt of benefits
- are a service family
- are a family with SEN children
- are unemployed
If you are unsure if you are eligible, we are always happy to talk things through carefully.