Helping My Child with Anxiety and Worry
What’s this course about?
This course will help you to understand what anxiety and worry are, how they can affect learning, and how you can support your children’s mental health at home through calming activities
This is an online course where you’ll learn together and take part in practical group activities, all in a relaxed and friendly environment.
Who will benefit from attending?
This course is for parents and carers who want to support their child/children with their mental wellbeing.
What will I learn?
- Explore what are anxiety and worry, and how they affect the body, behaviour, emotions and thought
- Discover ways that children’s mental health can be supported at home
- Develop an awareness of how anxiety and worry cause the stress response, and how this can affect learning
- Find out where to go for further help, advice and support
How long is the course?
This is run as a single 2-hour session, with some activities to do at home to help you practise your skills.
Will I be assessed?
You will be required to complete some paperwork during this course. This will record and support your learning journey and successes.
FaCL online courses are funded by the education and skills funding agency. Courses are no cost to learners if they are 19+ and have been a resident in UK/EU for 3+years.
and if you can tick any of these criteria:
- have less than 5 GCSEs grades a-c
- in receipt of benefits
- are a service family
- are a family with SEN children
- are unemployed
If you are unsure if you are eligible, we are always happy to talk things through carefully.