Mental health and wellbeing
Everyone feels stressed sometimes but if you feel too much stress, too often, and can’t calm down, then you may need some support. Good mental health has a great impact on all aspects of your life so if you feel you need some support to improve your mental health have a look at the support organisations listed below.
You may also find it helpful to speak to your GP or someone you trust at school or college – for example, a teacher, pastoral lead, school nurse or special educational needs co-ordinator (SENCO).
Wiltshire Children and Young People Wellbeing Service
Wiltshire Children and Young People Wellbeing Service is commissioned by Wiltshire Council to provide information, advice and wellbeing support for children aged 5-18 who live in Wiltshire or are registered with a Wiltshire GP. The service includes advice and information, arranging therapeutic activities and therapy/counselling. The service is designed to help children and young people avoid reaching crisis point. www.onyourmind.org.uk/
Tel: 0300 247 0090 (option 4)
Avon and Wiltshire Partnership run a 24/7 mental health helpline Switchboard :: Avon and Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust (awp.nhs.uk)
Tel 0300 303 1320
Counselling support service to help improve your relationships www.relate.org.uk/mid-wiltshire
Integrated Front Door
If you are worried about yourself or young person that you think is at risk of significant harm, or is injured, contact The Integrated Front Door www.wiltshire.gov.uk/children-young-people-protection
Supports people (16 years of age and over) in Wiltshire and looks to help them connect with their community and opportunities in a variety of ways and with the view of being included.
Alabare – Riverside Sanctuary
Supports people (16 years of age and over) in Bath and North East Somerset, Swindon and Wiltshire. Providing a confidential service supporting your mental health and emotional wellbeing. A specially trained team will facilitate a safe space for you to talk.
Free confidential for young people aged 11-25youngmelksham.org.uk/
Voluntary organisations supporting people who are experiencing mental health problems or emotional distress www.wiltshiremind.co.uk/
Wiltshire Health Improvement Coaches
Health Improvement Coaches focus on improving health to support mental wellbeing. This service is for people aged 18 + and is free.
Connect – Young People’s Substance Use Service (Motiv8)
Connect YP is a substance misuse service for young people aged 11-18 in Wiltshire. We provide advice, guidance and one-to-one sessions for young people who are having problems with drugs and/or alcohol. The service is free and confidential. Connect Wiltshire | DHI (dhi-online.org.uk)
Reading Well for Teens
The Reading Well scheme supports the mental health and wellbeing of teenagers with information, advice and support to help you better understand your feelings, handle difficult experiences and boost your confidence. You can be recommended a title by a health professional, or you can visit your local library and take a book out yourself. Find out more about the scheme – Reading Well (reading-well.org.uk).
Rehab 4 Addiction
Guidance and support for people experiencing problems with substance misuse and co-occurring mental health problems in Wiltshire.
There are also lots of national organisations that offer resources, help, advice and support, some of these are listed below:
- Anna Freud, self care, strategies to help you manage your wellbeing www.annafreud.org/on-my-mind/self-care/
- Barnardo’s – Barnardo’s | Online mental health support for young people (barnardos.org.uk)
- BOLOH Helpline, Asylum Seeker Mental Health and Wellbeing project – www.barnardos.org.uk/what-we-do/services/asylum-seeker-mental-health-and-wellbeing-project
- CAMHS resources https://www.camhs-resources.co.uk/
- Childline, free counselling service for children and young people up to the age of nineteen www.childline.org.uk/
- Every mind matters www.nhs.uk/oneyou/every-mind-matters/
- Helplines www.nhs.uk/conditions/stress-anxiety-depression/mental-health-helplines/
- Kooth, mental health support & online counselling www.Kooth.com
- Mental health Foundation, looking after your mental health www.mentalhealth.org.uk/your-mental-health/looking-after-your-mental-health
- Mental Health first aid England, looking after your health working from home youtu.be/es8l7JAyYMk
- Mind www.mind.org.uk/
- Nightline, support services run by students for students www.nightline.ac.uk/
- Prince’s Trust, resources and support with a useful list of support organisations www.princes-trust.org.uk/
- Rethink Mental Illness Advice Line www.rethink.org/about-us/our-mental-health-advice
- Rise Above, digital hub for young people RISEABOVE
- Samaritans, confidential support for people experiencing feelings of distress or despair www.samaritans.org
- Saneline, information and support www.sane.org.uk/what_we_do/support/helpline/
- Shout, crisis text message support service giveusashout.org/
- Side by Side online community sidebyside.mind.org.uk/about
- Sleep disturbances www.nhs.uk/live-well/sleep-and-tiredness/how-to-get-to-sleep/
- The Mix, confidential helpline designed that aims to find young people the best help www.themix.org.uk/
- The Worry Tree www.youtube.com/watch?v=26GRTQRfryw&feature=emb_err_woyt.
- Togetherall togetherall.com/en-gb/
- Triumph Over Phobias, support for people with OCD, phobias and other related anxiety disorders https://www.topuk.org/
- What’s Up With Everyone? Animated stories and website whatsupwitheveryone.com
- Young minds, mental health support of people up to the age of 25 youngminds.org.uk/