The Redundancy Process – 24 September, 9.30am – 10.30am; FREE On-Line Workshop
Skills Support for the Workforce (SSW) is a programme developed to upskill employees within small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in the Swindon & Wiltshire, West of England and Worcestershire LEP regions. SSW provides recognised, accredited qualifications and bespoke training courses to enhance your employees’ skills, increase the competitiveness of your business and boost the local economy.
HR Champions is part of Serco’s network of expert organisations chosen to deliver the SSW programme in your area. They specialise in Management Development training and have over 20 years trading experience.
In response to current demand, HR Champions will be delivering a FREE 1 hour on-line workshop on ‘The Redundancy Process’ on the 24 September 2020 – 9.30-10.30am. This workshop is kindly being delivered for free by HR Champions to support SMEs in the region.
The workshop is aimed at SMEs who might be thinking about, or starting to consider Redundancies in the workplace.
The workshop will cover:
- The Business case for Redundancy – why is it important to have it written down
- The Legal Process
- When is a Redundancy unfair?
- What’s the purpose of consultation?
- Identifying pools and selection criteria
- Holding 121’s
- The Pitfalls
- Organisational Communications and mitigating the risk
- Alternatives to redundancy
- Questions & Answers
- Further sources of support available to employers facing redundancies through the funded SSW/SSR programme and HR Champions
If participants wish to access more training or support after the 1-hour workshop, there are further options of support available:
- Subject to eligibility, delegates could access further training from HR Champions, supported under the SSW programme*. Courses include ILM Leadership & Management, Team Leading, HR for Managers etc. *Subject to eligibility, these can be fully funded under the Skills Support for the Workforce Programme (SSW) or Skills Support for Redundancy Programme (SSR). Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to find out if you are eligible.
- Delegates could utilise HR Champions’ commercial services to support their redundancy process. An example of this can be found at https://hrchampions.co.uk/hr-solutions/restructuring-and-redundancy. This is a commercial service offered by HR Champions direct to SMEs and is NOT part of the SSW/SSR programme.
SSW is co-financed by the European Social Fund (ESF) and the Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA). SSW is managed by Serco in partnership with the Swindon & Wiltshire LEP, West of England LEP and Worcestershire LEP. HR Champions is one of the expert training providers chosen to deliver the SSW programme in the region.
To book onto the 1-hour workshop – please Click here
For more information on the Skills Support for the Workforce Programme, please visit the website